Standard Innovation Corporation
We-Vibe Website Privacy Notice
Effective Date: May 23rd, 2018
At Standard Innovation Corporation (“SIC”, “we”, “our”) we know privacy and security is important to you.
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we collect when you use the We-Vibe website at we-vibe.com. The We-Vibe website is owned and operated by SIC.
Certain We-Vibe products may be paired with an application you can install on your mobile device. The privacy and data practices related to these applications are set out in an app privacy notice available on the app. Please see the We-Connect App Privacy Notice for a description of our privacy and data practices on the We-Connect application.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Information You Provide
We collect and use personal information on the We-Vibe website for the purposes identified below.
- We-Vibe Online Store When you purchase a product from the We-Vibe Online Store, we collect your name, email address, phone number, billing and shipping address, and payment card information. We use this information to process your transaction and deliver your order. You may purchase a We-Vibe product without creating an account (by checking out as a “guest”). If you create an account for the We-Vibe Online Store to take advantage of a faster checkout process, we collect a password that you select, and maintain your name, email address, phone number, and billing and shipping address in your account profile.
- Warranty Requests You may submit a warranty request for product replacement on the We-Vibe website in the event that your We-Vibe product fails to work due to a defect in workmanship or materials. To process your request, we ask for personal information including your name, email address, phone number, residential address, product type and colour, serial number, the retail location where you purchased your product, the date of such purchase, proof of purchase (i.e., an image of the receipt of purchase), reason for the warranty request, and any additional information you wish to provide. We use this information to process your request for warranty coverage.
- Communications You can sign up to receive emails about promotions, contests, news and other information about We-Vibe products and services on the We-Vibe website or through one of our contests. We collect your email address for the purposes of sending you these communications. You can opt out of receiving these We-Vibe communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each email message, or by contacting us. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional or informational emails from us.
- Contests and Promotions When you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, we may collect your name, address, email address, phone number, and any additional information or content required for the contest or promotion, including to deliver a prize to you, or that you otherwise provide, including your social media handle, profile picture and public posts or comments you make about our contest on social media networks. We use this information to administer the contest or promotion. As part of a contest or promotion, we may also share or otherwise publish the content you submit.
- Contact Us When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identiﬁes you such as your name, email address, country along with additional information we may need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your request, comment or complaint. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service. We also use personal information to establish and manage our relationship with you and provide quality service.
Information We Collect Automatically
We and our third-party service providers (see below), including Google Analytics, collect, process, store and analyze information obtained from your browser or through the use of “cookies” or other tools that track, measure and analyze the behaviors and usage patterns of visitors to the We-Vibe website.
This information includes the IP (Internet protocol) address, device type and identifier, and related information such as page requests, referring websites or ads, operating system and browser, time spent on the We-Vibe website, and actions taken in the We-Vibe Online Store. We use this information to help us understand how visitors engage with the We-Vibe website, measure the effectiveness of our advertising on third-party websites, and to improve our visitors’ experience.
We use Google Analytics to collect certain analytical information (as described above) to help us better understand activity on the We-Vibe website and improve our services and the quality of the We-Vibe website. We receive this data in an aggregated, anonymous form that does not personally identify any individual user. You can obtain additional information on Google Analytics’ collection and processing of data, including how to opt out, by clicking on the links provided: Privacy & Terms and Data Privacy & Security.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process personal information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, as described above. Our legal basis to process personal information includes processing that is: necessary for the performance of the contract between you and Standard Innovation Corporation (for example, to provide you service through the We-Vibe website and to process your payments); necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to comply with applicable accounting rules and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement); necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve our services); and based on your consent (for example, to communicate with you about our products and services), which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time (by contacting us at the email address below) without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
In some instances, you may be required to provide us with personal information for processing as described above, in order for us to be able to provide you all of our services, and for you to use all the features of the We-Vibe website.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as set forth below or as required or permitted by law.
Your personal information will be transferred (or otherwise made available) to certain third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to administer certain functions such as payment processing, hosting the We-Vibe website, shipping, running contests, and managing and analyzing data and our advertising effectiveness. Our service providers are given only the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Legal and Compliance
We and our service providers may provide your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
Sale of Business
Personal information may be provided to third parties in connection with a business transaction, including a prospective or completed merger, acquisition or stock sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Standard Innovation Corporation or the We-Vibe brand, or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control, including for the purpose of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship.
Transfers of Personal Information
We, and the service providers with whom we share your information (as set out above), may transfer to and store the information we collect about you in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected, including the United States and other destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in accordance with applicable law. In the event that personal information is transferred to the U.S. or other foreign jurisdiction, it will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and may be disclosed to or accessed by the courts, law enforcement and governmental authorities in accordance with those laws. While the United States and other jurisdictions may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own country, we commit to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Privacy Notice and take appropriate steps to comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of information to countries outside the EEA, and ensure that recipients of your information are bound to duties of confidentiality.
By submitting your information to us and using the We-Vibe website, you acknowledge this transfer, storing and processing of your personal information.
Safeguarding and Retention of Personal Information
We have implemented administrative, technical and physical measures designed to safeguard personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modiﬁcation and disclosure.
We restrict access to information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulﬁll their job requirements.
We have information retention processes designed to ensure that we will retain your personal information only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, considering criteria such as applicable rules on statute of limitations, legal requirements and the duration of your use of our services.
Subject to applicable law, you may have certain rights with respect to our processing of your personal information. You may have the right to request access to the information we hold about you, obtain conﬁrmation as to whether or not information concerning you exists, be informed of the content and source of such information and check its accuracy. You may also have the right to correct, update, delete, block, cancel, copy and transfer (i.e., the right of ‘portability’), or object to the use of, your information held by us.
If you change your mind and no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by email or otherwise, to you. You can do this by:
- checking the applicable box(es) on any form we may use to collect information from you;
- clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of our marketing e-mails; or
- otherwise requesting that we do not process your information for marketing purposes.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes applicable law, you may lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory or regulatory authority, which may be the authority in your jurisdiction of residence or work.
Third Party Websites
The We-Vibe website may contain links or plug-ins to other third-party websites, including social media websites, that are not owned or controlled by us. Links to our website may also be featured on websites on which we advertise. We have no control over, do not review and are not responsible for the privacy policies of or content displayed on such other websites. When you click on such a link or plug-in, you will leave our service and go to another site. During this process, another entity may collect personal information from you. If you engage with our content or through social media websites and plug-ins, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g., name, username, profile picture, gender) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the social media website or plug-in.
Updates to the Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice periodically to reﬂect changes to our privacy and data practices. We encourage you to periodically review this page to ensure you are familiar with those changes. We will post a prominent notice on the We-Vibe website to notify you of any changes to our Privacy Notice, prior to the effective date of the change, and, in some cases, will provide notice of the changes by email. We will indicate at the top of this Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.