Standard Innovation Corporation
We-Vibe Website Privacy Notice
Effective Date: October 3rd 2016
At Standard Innovation Corporation (“SIC”, “we”, “our”) we know privacy and security is important to you.
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we collect when you use the We-Vibe website at we-vibe.com. The We-Vibe website is owned and operated by SIC.
Certain We-Vibe products may be paired with an application you can install on your mobile device. The privacy and data practices related to these applications are set out in an app privacy notice available on the app. Please see the We-Connect App Privacy Notice for a description of our privacy and data practices on the We-Connect application.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Information You Provide
We collect and use personal information on the We-Vibe website for the purposes identified below.
- We-Vibe Online Store When you purchase a product from the We-Vibe Online Store, we collect certain personal information including your name, email address, billing and shipping address, and payment card information. We use this information to process your transaction and deliver your order. You may purchase a We-Vibe product without creating an account (by checking out as a “guest”). If you create an account for the We-Vibe Online Store to take advantage of a faster checkout process, we collect your name, email address, and billing and shipping address.
- Product Registration and Warranty Requests You may choose to register your We-Vibe product on the We-Vibe website for the purposes of simplifying any future warranty claims associated with your We-Vibe product. To register a product, we collect your name, email address, province/state, city, product type, serial number, location of purchase, date of purchase, and the name of the retailer where you purchased the product. You may also submit a warranty request for product replacement on the We-Vibe website in the event that your We-Vibe product fails to work due to a defect in workmanship or materials. To process your request, we ask for personal information including your name, email, phone number, residential address, product type, serial number, the retail location where you purchased your product, proof of purchase (i.e., an image of the receipt of purchase), reason for the warranty request, and any additional information you wish to provide. We use this information to process your request for warranty coverage.
- Communications You can sign up on the We-Vibe website to receive emails about promotions and information about We-Vibe products and services. We collect your email address for the purposes of sending you these communications. You can opt out of receiving these We-Vibe communications by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each email message, or by contacting us.
- Contests and Promotions When you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, we may collect your name, address, phone number and any additional information or content required for the contest or promotion, or that you otherwise provide. We use this information to administer the contest or promotion. As part of a contest or promotion, we may also share or otherwise publish the content you submit.
- We-Blog and Messaging When you submit a post, comment or leave a reply on the We-Vibe website We-Blog, you provide your name, email address and any additional comments you wish to provide. We use this information to publicly post your name, the content of your post, as well as the date and time of your submission on the We-Blog.
- Contact Us When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you such as your name, email address along with additional information we may need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your request, comment or complaint. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service. We also use personal information to establish and manage our relationship with you and provide quality service.
Information We Collect Automatically
We and our third party providers, including Google Analytics, collect, process, store and analyze information obtained from your browser or through the use of “cookies” or other tools that track, measure and analyze the behaviors and usage patterns of visitors to the We-Vibe website. We use this information to help us understand how visitors engage with the We-Vibe website and to improve our visitors’ experience.
You can obtain additional information on Google Analytics’ collection and processing of data and data privacy and security.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as set forth below or as required or permitted by law.
Your personal information may be transferred (or otherwise made available) to third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers for certain functions such as payment processing and hosting the We-Vibe website. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Your personal information may be maintained and processed by us, our affiliates and other third party service providers in Canada, the U.S. or other jurisdictions. In the event that personal information is transferred to the U.S. or other foreign jurisdiction, it will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and may be disclosed to or accessed by the courts, law enforcement and governmental authorities in accordance with those laws.
We-Blog and Messaging
When you submit a post, comment or leave a reply on the We-Vibe website (including on the We-Blog), your name, the content of your post, as well as the date and time of your submission may be publicly posted on the We-Vibe website.
Legal and Compliance
We and our service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
Sale of Business
Personal information may be provided to third parties in connection with a business transaction, including a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Standard Innovation Corporation or the We-Vibe brand, or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock or asset sale or other change in corporate control, including for the purpose of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship.
Safeguarding and Retention of Personal Information
We have implemented administrative, technical and physical measures designed to safeguard personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure.
We restrict access to information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements.
We have information retention processes designed to retain information for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
Transfers of Personal Information
We may transfer to and store the information we collect about you in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected, including the United States and other destinations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in accordance with applicable law. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect the information as described in this Privacy Notice and comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of information to countries outside the EEA.
By submitting your information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Subject to applicable law, you may have certain rights with respect to our processing of your personal information. You may have the right to request access to the information we hold about you, obtain confirmation as to whether or not information concerning you exists, be informed of the content and source of such information and check its accuracy. You may also have the right to correct, update, delete, block, cancel, or object to the use of, your information held by us.
If you change your mind and no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by email or otherwise, to you. You can do this by:
- checking the applicable box(es) on any form we may use to collect information from you;
- clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of our marketing e-mails; or
- otherwise requesting that we do not process your information for marketing purposes.
Third Party Websites
The We-Vibe website may contain links to other third party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We have no control over, do not review and are not responsible for the privacy policies of or content displayed on such other websites. When you click on such a link, you will leave our service and go to another site. During this process, another entity may collect personal information from you.
Updates to the Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes to our privacy and data practices. We encourage you to periodically review this page. We will post a prominent notice on the We-Vibe website to notify you of any changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of this Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.